As you can see in the photos below, the difference between the Jeep factory head lights and the IPF H4 Lenses with X51 Fatboy bulbs is literally night and day. This upgrade is cheap, easy to install and truly provides a dramatic result that you can see.
Driver side Jeep Factory headlight set on low beam
Passenger side IPF H4 Lenses and X51 Fatboy bulb set on low beam
Driver side Jeep Factory headlight set on high beam
Passenger side IPF H4 Lenses and X51 Fatboy bulb set on high beam
IPF H4 Headlight Conversion Lenses
with X51 Fatboy
Super Low Beam XX Bulbs Upgrading your Jeep's headlights to IPF H4 conversion lenses and X51 Fatboy Super Low Beam XX Bulbs is one of the cheapest and easiest mods you can do for your Jeep. Installed in just a matter of minutes, this upgrade will deliver significant results over stock.
Unlike the anemic, yellowish and narrowly focused beams of light that the factory Jeep bulbs put out, the IPF H4 headlight lenses with X51 Fatboy Bulbs produce a very white, wide and bright beam of light that is more than twice the power over stock. In fact, to help other drivers from being blinded by the intense glare of these lights, the IPF H4 lenses have been intentionally designed with a flat beam cut-off. Another great featuer of the IPF H4 lenses I love is its innovative 15° rise on the passenger side which provides much greater visibility of the roadside, sidewalk and signs.
For the low price of only $139 shipped and for the significant performance gains, I honestly don't know why I didn't do this upgrade sooner.
Here is a shot of all the parts I got with my IPF Performance Headlight Upgrade from Northridge4x4. If you get these anywhere else, be aware that the IPF H4 Performance Headlight Conversion Lenses are sold individually and the X51 Fatboy Super Low Beam XX Bulbs are sold in pairs.
1. Park your Jeep in a well lighted location and pop open your hood.
2. Using a Torx T-15 screwdriver, remove the (3) screws securing your Jeep's headlight bezel to the grill.
3. Grab your Jeep's headlight bezel with both hands and remove it from the grill by gently working it back and forth.
4. Using a Torx T-15 screwdriver, remove the (3) screws securing your Jeep's headlight retainer ring in place.
5. Remove your Jeep's headlight retainer ring.
6. Carefully pull your Jeep's headlight out and then disconnect the wiring harness plug from the back of it.
7. Remove the rubber sealing boot from the back of your new IPF H4 conversion lenses.
8. Unlock the retaining clip on the back of your new IPF H4 conversion lenses.
9. Remove the metal sealing cap from the back of your IPF H4 conversion lenses and discard it. You will not be needing it.
10. Carefully install the IPF X51 Fatboy Super Low Beam XX Bulbs into the back of the H4 conversion lenses. Pay special attention not to touch the glass part of the bulb as the oils on your skin it will damage it.
11. Lock the IPF X51 Fatboy Super Low Beam XX Bulbs into place using the retaining clip on the H4 conversion lenses.
12. Replace the rubber sealing boot back onto the IPF H4 conversion lenses. Make sure the word "TOP" is positioned upwards as shown in this pic.
13. Carefully plug your Jeep's wiring harness into your new IPF H4 lenses/X51 Fatboy bulb.
14. Secure your new IPF H4 conversion lenses on your Jeep using the factory retaining ring and screws. You will need to use a Torx T-15 screwdriver for this job.
15. Reinstall your Jeep's headlight bezel back into the grill.
16. Using a Torx T-15 screwdriver and factory hardware, Secure your Jeep's headlight bezel back into place.
That's it, you're done. Truly one of the quickest and easiest installs you may ever do on your Jeep. Please email me with any questions you might have.